Top 10 Reasons to Certify with Birth Boot Camp
Birth Boot Camp brings the benefits of technology and the need for the human touch together in a unique childbirth education program that helps couples achieve the birth they desire.
In addition, our childbirth educator certification program is like none other. Here are a few of the things that set us apart.
1. Coursework is done before the workshop.
- All trainees are on the same page, so to speak, at the workshop because they have completed their coursework beforehand. This allows us to focus on teaching the curriculum and becoming acquainted with life as a Birth Boot Camp Instructor.
- The pre-training coursework includes:
- required reading
- study guide
- community resource list
- lactation training through our online class taught by Mellanie Sheppard, IBCLC
- viewing the Birth Boot Camp online classes
2. Lactation training is included.
- Trainees view the same 3 ½ hour video, Breastfeeding: the Ultimate MRE, that Birth Boot Camp students download to watch at home. Trainees complete a study guide based on the video and their reading.
3. Birth Boot Camp Curriculum is complete, current, and has the best materials in the industry!
- You will have a detailed instructor manual which will walk you through each class with a distinct plan. It will include relaxation exercises, hands-on techniques, teaching tools, attention activities, videos, and more.
- Read, in detail, what topics are covered in the 10-week course. There are also outlines and workbooks for all our additional classes: out-of-hospital, hospital, new recruit, food & fitness, comfort measures, etc.
- Birth Boot Camp is continually updating our materials for our students and instructors.
4. Our training workshop is well-rounded and prepares you to be an amazing childbirth educator.
- Now that everyone has completed their pre-workshop coursework, they are ready to learn how to teach the curriculum!
- Trainees have the opportunity to teach, as well as learn from watching others teach.
- Basic business and marketing training so you feel confident in your ability to run your own birth business. Once you complete your workshop, you will have full access to our marketing videos to assist with your business.
5. Extra expenses are minimal. We are a one-stop shop!
When you train with Birth Boot Camp, you are ready to hit the ground running. We have made it that simple — and affordable. You’ll receive the following:
- in-depth instructor outlines that guide you through every class
- a student workbook
- birth videos
- marketing material samples which can be ordered through the Birth Boot Camp Store
- 10% off your first store order
- access to our private instructor website where you will find countless downloads
- marketing videos
- hundreds of Birth Boot Camp photos you may use in your marketing
- presence in our supportive and professional online groups
- so much more
6. Yearly recertification provides variety and helps you grow as an instructor year after year.
- You will have choices for recertification each year so things don’t become stale.
- Being active in your community is an important part of your continuing education.
- Every 3 years, Birth Boot Camp holds a Retreat, where our instructors and doulas come together for two days of continuing education and bonding. It’s not required, but you won’t want to miss it!
7. Trainings are held all over the United States.
- While Birth Boot Camp is headquartered in Dallas-Ft. Worth, our Instructor Trainers are holding workshops in a number of US cities to make it easier, and more affordable, for you to complete your training.
- Check out the current schedule here.
8. Instructors can utilize the online classes in their live classes.
- Free of charge to you, each couple is allowed online makeup classes.
- This is a selling point if the couple joins the class late, is due before the class is over, or is just under-the-weather.
- Life happens and the online classes are there to help! No one should ever miss a class with this option, but you won’t have to take time away from your family to catch them up.
9. Birth Boot Camp offers a variety of classes to teach and ways to make money.
- Each of the following classes is accompanied by their own beautiful workbook:
- Comprehensive 10 week natural childbirth series
- Reboot Refresher
- Birth Boot Camp Sibling Class
- Food & Fitness: Nutrition and Exercise for the Childbearing Year and Beyond
- Life With a New Recruit
- Comfort Measures
- Home & Birth Center Birth Class
- Hospital Birth Class
Receive a referral reward of 10% when you refer couples to online classes. As a BBCI, when you refer someone else to become a childbirth educator, you will receive a $50 credit to use toward your materials on the Birth Boot Camp Store.
10. Ongoing support from your trainers, other instructors, and our Advisory Board.
- The community at Birth Boot Camp is supportive and positive.
- Everyone on the Board, as well as your fellow BBCI, are only a click away on our Facebook groups.
- You are never alone at Birth Boot Camp. You can be as active as you need or want to be in our groups.
- The groups are a valuable asset to the instructors for advice, help, and getting your questions answered.
To get started, apply now. The deadline to apply for a given workshop is 8 weeks prior to ensure you have time to complete the coursework.
We look forward to seeing YOU in training!