Who doesn’t love a one-pot meal? One of our doulas in the Dallas/Ft Worth area Melissa Jackson, is a huge fan of one-pot meals and shared a fabulous good hearty winter soup that is super healthy. It feeds plenty and even her little kids devour it! She likes this soup because its easy to add other veggies to it and her kids don’t even notice. It goes a long way and tastes even better on the 2nd day. Melissa enjoys this hearty soup with cornbread, crackers or rolls and she loves to add hot sauce! Thank you Melissa for adding this super simple to make soup to our dinner calendar! To find out more about Melissa and her doula services visit www.birthdouladfw.com.
Spinach Lentil Soup
- 1 bag of brown lentils
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 (32oz) containers of Organic Chicken Broth. (For vegetarian use Vegetable broth)
- Sauté the onion with salt and pepper and then add garlic.
- Add all ingredients to the pot.
- Bring to boil and then let simmer for 45 minutes until lentils are soft.
Let us know what you think of this fabulously simple supper! Thanks again, Melissa Jackson!
We love to swap recipes! Have a recipe you would like to share with Birth Boot Camp for What To Eat Wednesday? Share away!