We love sharing recipes from our instructors and their students. It is great to get a trusted recipe from a friend! Laura Roberg shared today’s recipe of Sweet Potato Pancakes. She is a student of Melissa Ritchie who serves couples in Plano, Frisco, Denton, McKinney, Dallas, and other surrounding areas in Texas. Check out Melissa’s website www.Empoweringwomenbirth.com for her upcoming availability of Birth Boot Camp classes! Laura said this recipe is a great sub for bread. “We use this in replace of bread for spaghetti, and you can make them big enough and use them as a bun replacement for burgers!”
- 2 lbs Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs, 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil for frying
- Peel and wash all sweet potatoes. Shred the Sweet Potatoes using a shredding blade in a food processor.
- Move all shredded Sweet Potatoes to a large mixing bowl add the eggs, coconut flour, cinnamon, and ginger and mix with a fork really well. If still too dry add another egg.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Make sure there is enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Scoop the mixture of sweet potato out a spoonful at a time into the frying pan and spread it out like a pancake with the back of the spoon.
- Wait 2-3 min and then flip. Be careful, if it is not ready to be flipped give another minute or so. Once completed it should look like a pancake with a medium brown color.
We would love to know what you think! Have you tried Sweet Potato Pancakes?
Have a recipe you would like to share with Birth Boot Camp for What To Eat Wednesday? Share away!