I love this Red Lentil Soup recipe because I always have the ingredients available in my kitchen. It’s simple to make and goes perfectly with a sandwich, salad or pizza.
- Olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced and peeled
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a medium (3 quart) pan, heat the olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
- Add carrot, celery, onion and kosher salt. Sautee about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, lentils and bay leaf bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until lentils are soft, about 20 minutes.
Rachel Holm is a Birth Boot Camp childbirth instructor in Salt Lake City, Utah. Thanks for sharing Rachel!