Become an Instructor
Birth Boot Camp Certification Requirements
TO BECOME CERTIFIED: The Birth Boot Camp Instructor Training is designed for those who have had a natural birth without the use of pain medication,¹ have breastfed one child, preferably for at least 12 months, and have a desire to teach natural childbirth and attachment parenting techniques to expectant parents. Upon acceptance to the Birth Boot Camp training program, participants will complete the program requirements, attend the workshop and pass the certification exam before becoming certified.
Birth Boot Camp Training Fee Includes:
- A DVD of live birth videos to show in class
- Additional videos on various topics to use at your discretion
- Breastfeeding: The Ultimate MRE DVD
- A personal Birth Boot Camp email address
- A detailed Teacher’s Manual
- A copy of the Student Field Manual
- Training on how to be an effective instructor
- Training on how to grow your business
- A professional headshot for the website
- A link to your business website on www.birthbootcamp.com
Keep in mind that there is a significant amount of work involved in this training. After your application has been approved, allow yourself plenty of time to complete all certification requirements. The study guide must be submitted approximately three weeks before the workshop.
All requirements must be completed prior to attending the workshop.
- Applicant is required to have had a natural birth, free of pain medication.¹
- Applicant must have breastfed at least one child, preferable for at least 12 months.
- Apply for Birth Boot Camp Instructor training. Please apply as soon as possible, to ensure that your application is approved before you continue on with the requirements.
- Complete the pre-workshop study guide.
- Complete required reading and movie list.
- Kitzinger, The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth (Revised), most recent edition
- Simkin, Whalley, & Keppler, Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn (4th Edition): The Complete Guide, most recent edition
- Davis, Heart and Hands, Fifth Edition: A Midwife’s Guide to Pregnancy and Birth, most recent edition
- Goer, The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth, most recent edition
- Sears, The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth (Sears Parenting Library), most recent edition
- Simkin and Ancheta, The Labor Progress Handbook: Early Interventions to Prevent and Treat Dystocia, most recent edition
Newborn and Breastfeeding:
- Sears, The Baby Book, Revised Edition: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two (Sears Parenting Library), most recent edition
- Wiessinger, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, most recent edition
- Kleiman and Raskin, This Isn’t What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression, most recent edition
- Simkin and Klaus, When Survivors Give Birth: Understanding and Healing the Effects of Early Sexual Abuse on Childbearing Women, most recent edition
- Korte, The VBAC Companion: The Expectant Mother’s Guide to Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (Non), most recent edition
6. Observe 2 different types of labors/births. If you have attended births in the past, you may document those for training.
7. Compile a list of community resources.
8. Attend all sessions of the Birth Boot Camp Training Workshop.
Birth Boot Camp Instructor Training Workshops 2013
- April 18-20 – Dallas/Fort Worth, TX — FULL
- July 18-20 – Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – FULL
- September 19-21 — San Clemente, CA – CLOSED
- October 17-19 – Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – FULL
Training Workshops 2014
- February 19-22 — Houston, TX
- June 18-21 — Indianapolis, IN
- October 15-18 — Orlando, FL
The final deadline for applications is 2 months prior to each workshop.
A $25 discount applies when paying for the workshop in full at the time of registration.
For information on workshop locations, our yearly re-certification requirements and Frequently Asked Questions, please visit our Instructor Website.
- A deposit of $400 is required to reserve a spot at the workshop and is non-refundable.
- If Birth Boot Camp cancels the workshop, the entire fee will be refunded.
- If applicant desires to change their specified training date, a $100 fee will be applied.
- If applicant does not attend a workshop within 12 months of approval, all fees are forfeited.
- A refund will not be given if you do not complete the certification.
1-Exceptions made for Licensed Midwives who have been licensed for a minimum of 3 years and/or have attended at least 50 births. In addition, if they have given birth it must have been a natural birth, free of pain medication.
Apply to become a Birth Boot Camp Instructor
Please click the link below to apply, fill out and submit the form. Thank you for your interest!