DOULA Training Process
Birth Boot Camp is different than any other certification available. When you complete the workshop you will be finished with your training. We want everyone coming to the workshop “on the same page” by having completed the reading, study guide, and paperwork two weeks before the workshop begins. This helps the workshop to run much smoother. Be sure to allow for plenty of time to complete your coursework.
TO BECOME CERTIFIED: The Birth Boot Camp DOULA Training is designed for those who have have a desire to support families in natural childbirth. Upon registration for the Birth Boot Camp DOULA program, participants will complete the program requirements, attend the workshop, and pass the certification exam before becoming certified.DOULA Training Registration Form
Step-by-step process to becoming a certified Birth Boot Camp DOULA.
The registration form will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. When choosing which workshop you would like to attend, keep in mind that the reading and paperwork is to be completed before your workshop.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email from our DOULA Certification Coordinator. She is available to answer any questions you may have and walk you through the training process.
1) Pay in full and receive a $25 discount.
2) Pay your deposit of $150 and set up a payment plan for the remaining balance. (specific info will be sent to you by our DOULA Certification Coordinator once you have registered.) Please note that setting up a payment plan will add 5% to your total fees.
Once your deposit is received, you will be given limited access to the DOULA website. You will receive the following:
- Pre-Certification Study Guide and book report forms. This will make reading much easier when you know what you are looking for.
- Training Checklist that will be helpful along your journey in becoming a BBCD.
- You will be put on a closed Birth Boot Camp DOULA Pre-Certification Facebook group with other trainees. Here you will be able to communicate with other women on the same path to becoming a BBCD. Roommates for the workshop can be found here, as well.
Your study guide, book reports, etc. are due two weeks before your workshop begins. This allows us time to review your work. While you will not receive a grade, the more complete it is, the better you will do on your exam. All work must be completed in order to attend the workshop.
In addition to your paperwork being due, your remaining balance must also be paid no later than two weeks before your workshop begins. If you need to postpone your workshop, a $100 administrative fee will be due upon the time of change in order to reserve your spot in a future workshop.
Attend all sessions of the workshop, including the exam.
You will be notified within two weeks of the workshop as to the results of your exam. Upon passing*, you will have complete access to the DOULA website.
Be added to the Birth Boot Camp “Find a DOULA” web page and book your first clients!
* If you do not pass the exam, you will have up to eight weeks to retake it. There will be a $100 administrative fee, and you will need to hire a proctor at your own expense. He/she will mail the test back to the Doula Certification Coordinator.