Have you ever tried a new recipe and then wished you hadn’t? Or wondered if the writers of the cookbook actually tried the recipes before publishing? Well from one friend to another, our founder Donna Ryan is taking the guesswork out of your next meal, and it will also make enough to have some leftover for your fridge or possibly freezer. (If they aren’t all eaten first!)
This is one of those recipes that you wouldn’t mind eating for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is a great option to grab and go for hectic mornings or to pull out of the freezer for a quick snack or evening meal. The combination of protein and colorful vegetables makes this an excellent choice during postpartum (and pregnancy!).
To learn more about nutrition during pregnancy, sign up for our Comprehensive Childbirth Class!
Yield 18 muffins
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup pepper (red is beautiful)
- Chopped onion
- Bacon, chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease muffin cups.
- Stir all ingredients together. Spoon into muffin cups, filling to brim.
- Bake 25 min or until firm and lightly browned along the edges. Let cool 5-10 min in the pan. Serve warm.
- Keeps in fridge or store in the freezer. 30 seconds in the microwave to reheat.