This quick and easy sausage and egg quiche can be filled with all of your delicious favorites. It can also be prepared ahead of time and frozen; it makes for a great “freezer breakfast meal” for the postpartum lie-in!
Feeding your body with healthy, delicious, and warming food is so important, especially in the immediate postpartum. It helps with healing, bonding, and even with milk production. Let others do the work for you as you rest up and spend precious time with your new, sweet baby. You deserve it!
- 1 Pillsbury Ready-to-Bake Crust
- Softened 1 package breakfast pork sausage roll
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of milk
- Salt & pepper
- Veggies to add (optional, fresh herbs, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, etc.)
- Cook sausage (and other veggies) in skillet over medium heat, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate, as directed on package.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper in a large bowl until blended. Stir in sausage (and veggies). Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake 40-45 minutes (until edge of filling is golden brown and knife inserted near the center comes out clean).
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Thank you, Jennie Sides, for this delicious recipe!