We have a quick muffin recipe thanks to one of our dual certified instructors and doulas Nita Gunn. You can make this ahead or easily make the morning of as you head into your Thanksgiving weekend. This is a great recipe to pull out on a Monday morning after a holiday weekend when you are getting yourself off to work and kids off to school. Nita shared: “I love this recipe because it is super quick to whip up, saves me time on dishes with the use of the blender, and packs a yummy punch of protein and fiber in the morning!” Thank you Nita for another great breakfast on the go recipe! You can find Nita Gunn www.metroplexbirth.com in Southlake, Texas.
Autumn Apple Oat Muffins
Shared by Nita Gunn
Serving size:12 Muffins
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole milk yogurt
2 ripe bananas
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
1 small apple (I like organic Gala)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
5-6 walnuts – finely chopped (optional)
1 pinch of stevia (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Spray or grease standard 12 muffin cup tin to prevent sticking.
3) Make topping: chop the apple into small chunks and mix with 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon, chopped walnuts and stevia (if using).
4) Make batter: put all ingredients, except chopped apple mixture, in the blender and blend until smooth, for about 1-2 minutes.
5) Divide batter evenly between muffin cups and top with chopped apple mixture, pressing some down into muffins.
6) Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove and let cool.
Have a recipe you would like to share with Birth Boot Camp for What To Eat Wednesday? We would love to hear from you.