Register for a training workshop.
Birth Boot Camp Doula Training consists of 8 Training Modules that must be completed no later than three business days prior to the first day of your Workshop, and 1 Business Module to be completed the week after your Workshop.
1. Reading Module
- Cut, Stapled and Mended, Roanna Rosewood
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Covey
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, Gaskin
- Baby Catcher, Peggy Vincent
- When Survivors Give Birth, Simkin and Klaus
- Breastfeeding Made Simple, Mohrbacher
2. Movie Module
- Orgasmic Birth
- Born in the USA
3. Support Group Module
Attend two of the same breastfeeding support groups consecutively. You will share your observations in the Support Group Module.
4. Breastfeeding Module
- Breastfeeding: The Ultimate MRE (provided by Birth Boot Camp)
- Lactation Intensive for Birth Professionals (provided by Birth Boot Camp)
5. Bloodborne Pathogens Module
Complete, pass, and purchase the certificate for one of the following Bloodborne Pathogens Classes.
6. Childbirth Education Module
Watch the 10-class Birth Boot Camp childbirth education series online and answer the questions in the Childbirth Education Module. The class is included in your Training Costs and is a $350 value!
7. Community Resources Module
Compile a document of resources that support women and babies during the childbearing and breastfeeding years.
8. Birth Observation Module
Observe 2 births (other than your own) and write summaries for each birth including what you learned and how it will help you as a doula. You are encouraged to attend births at different locations to gain an understanding of how things can vary from one birth place to the next.
9. Business Module
After you attend your Workshop, you will be provided with three short videos with corresponding questions. This will need to be completed within a week of that last day of your Workshop.
Register for your training workshop.