Sophia MaddoxGreater Seattle, WashingtonAbout Me
Hi, I'm Sophia! I'm a birth and sibling doula currently serving King County and Snohomish County out of Monroe, Washington. I discovered my love for birth work after observing a mother doting on and breastfeeding her babies. I went home and cried uncontrollably, realizing then there was only one thing I could do with the rest of my life: facilitate the essence of family like the joyous togetherness I had just seen. My favorite part of birth is watching young children kiss their mamas through a contraction, or birthing women be comforted by their partners, or the moment after birth when mothers fall in love with their newborns.
When I'm not doing birth-y things, I love being outside, singing and playing music, and having deep chats and hearty laughs with friends. I would love to support you and your family with generous love, personalized care, and informed consideration throughout your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum journey. Doula Services Offered
- PRENATAL care, including virtual birth plan consultation, exercise recommendation, information resources, and more
- LABOR support, including comfort measures, rebozo, information resource, emotional support, partner care, and more
- POSTPARTUM care, including breastfeeding and sleeping tips, meal and light housework help, processing your birth, belly-binding, and more
*As a member of the Doula Pandemic Response Alliance, I am also offering virtual support and/or in-person care within Washington state's Home-to-Hospital Program.
- PRENATAL visit, including familiarizing ourselves, simple birth education, and more
- LABOR support, including on-call specialized childcare, distracting from or involving in birth space as needed, sibling integration once baby is born, and more
*contact me for more and pricing Doula Availability
Washington (Greater Seattle & surrounding areas):
April - July 2020 due dates
Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth & surrounding areas):
August - December 2020 due dates
2021 due dates
*questions on availability? Call/text/email/message me!