What you get when you hire a Birth Boot Camp DOULA-
When you hire a Birth Boot Camp DOULA you get:
- A professionally trained and certified doula.
- A doula who has a network of support and mentors to help her be your best birth support.
- A doula who abides by ethics and standards that ensure professionalism.
- A doula with extensive lactation training so that she can help spot early issues with breastfeeding before they become long term, bigger issues.
- A doula who knows who to refer you to in your community if you need anything she can’t provide.
- A copy of “Supporting Arms,” an exclusive booklet that helps you prepare for your birth and postpartum experience.
- A doula who has an understanding of the postpartum period and PPMD (postpartum mood disorders).
- A doula knows how to communicate and LISTEN to what you really need and want for your birth.
- A doula who knows how to support you if you want or need a cesarean birth.
- A doula who knows how to support you if you want or need an epidural birth.
- A doula who knows how to support you if you want a natural birth.
- A doula who knows how to support your partner and lift them up, without taking over.
- A doula who knows the beauty of holding space.
- A doula who knows how to support your VBAC.
- A doula who knows how to support your midwife or other care provider but stay within her own scope of practice.
- A doula who can help you find a great childbirth educator, so that your visits with her can be for building your relationship, not quickly covering information.
- A doula who doesn’t charge more if you have a longer labor.
- A doula skilled in hands on comfort techniques that can help you have a more comfortable birth.
- A doula dedicated to helping YOU have the birth you want and supporting you without judgment.
We have all read the research and heard the personal stories of how doulas can help couples have a more positive birth experience. Doulas, however, vary a lot in training and even philosophy. Hiring a Birth Boot Camp DOULA means consistent training (we have just two trainers who do all the trainings) and consistent support and education.
We are so proud of these ladies and the work they are doing. Find one in your neighborhood today.