The Birth Boot Camp Postpartum Doula training program is growing and we couldn’t be more excited. When there are so many options available for postpartum doula certification, why should YOU certify with Birth Boot Camp? Here are some of our favorite reasons why.
1. Set Your Own Schedule & Be Your Own Boss
As a postpartum doula you are not on-call like you are as a birth doula. You are in control of your schedule and can decide when you’d like to work and when you’d like some time off. Many postpartum doulas choose to work daytime shifts while some prefer graveyard nighttime shifts. It’s totally up to you. You can also decide how many clients you’d like to take and just overall how much you’d like to work.
2. One-Stop Shop
Simplify! This one word helps describe how we have designed our doula training requirements. We don’t want you to have to search or spend more money to complete your training.
Your training includes;
No extra expense! We think it’s so important we include it for you. No extra workshops, it’s all included in one package.
3. Coursework Finished Before Workshop
You will finish your book reading, childbirth classes, and other coursework BEFORE the workshop. We want your training to be a time where you can focus on connection, relationships, and learning. There are two other reasons we want all of our trainees to have their coursework done before training.
- We are all on the same page and have the same knowledge base so there isn’t anybody in the back wondering what is going on.
- We want you to be able to start taking real, paying clients immediately. You’re not certifying just for fun (though it is fun) but because you want to rock this business.
4. Receive Everything You Need to Get Started
As a Birth Boot Camp Postpartum Doula you’ll receive our postpartum doula handbook, along with a sample contract, client intake forms, etc. You’ll receive everything you need to get started immediately after training. You’ll leave training with the skills and confidence needed to be confident during interviews and getting hired, know what to discuss at your home visit with your client, and how to support them based off of their individual needs. Here’s more of what you’ll learn at training.
5. Fourth Trimester Guidebook
We created an amazing booklet for our postpartum doulas to give to their clients. Why?
- No staplers.
- No copy machines.
- No handouts.
- No scrambling to pull together documents before your interviews.
- It’s professional, neat, and clean.
It’s a 28-page booklet for your client that has all the information you would like to impart to them. It is neatly bound, beautiful, bright, and colorful.
It helps couples have a reference when they have questions so they feel safer and supported.
And as an added bonus – you never run out of ink!
6. Mentorship and Business Training
What does it mean to have a mentor? It means you have someone who can not only answer your questions, but who welcomes them. Mentorship is imperative for any business owner but even more needed for those doing the sometimes hard and emotional work of a postpartum doula.
We provide this in a few ways:
- Your Birth Boot Camp Trainer is accessible to you when you need her.
- Calls with Birth Boot Camp Headquarters are available.
- We facilitate peer support from other birth professionals – but we’ll get to that later!
When you are a Birth Boot Camp Postpartum Doula, you won’t be left alone. There is a huge team of people to support you.
7. Professionally Designed & Printed Materials
All of our materials are professionally designed and printed, which means you have access to amazing marketing and promotional materials, as well as beautiful stock photography, to use to help you build your business! Brochures, business cards, stickers, postcards, thank you notes, and branded products like pens, tumblers, lip balm and more, help you get your name out there and establish your business in a professional-looking way.
8. Support through Birth Boot Camp
At Birth Boot Camp, we have a Headquarters team who work tirelessly to support and promote you. This includes:
- Our advisory board with vast knowledge in different subjects who can be approached with questions.
- An ever-growing community of doulas and childbirth educators all over the country.
- Facebook live events, private Facebook groups, podcast, e-mails, newsletters, and phone calls.
- The community you will find within our Birth Boot Camp culture is designed to be supportive. You can safely ask questions, get answers, find reassurance, and be lifted up.
You will be part of the Birth Boot Camp family.
Plus, as an added bonus, we refer to each other all over the country.
9. Learn how to turn your passion into a profession
Our mission at Birth Boot Camp is to help couples have an amazing postpartum experience. We also want women to have amazing and fulfilling careers as doulas and childbirth educators. We want your passion for birth to translate into a job you love. Birth Boot Camp wants to help!
10. Growth Opportunities
There are plenty of opportunities to grow within Birth Boot Camp! You can become dual certified as both an instructor and doula, and you can even work towards becoming a trainer! Your first training is just the beginning!
A better, more streamlined training and an organization that strives everyday to serve their people means better quality care, long-lasting, fulfilling careers for birth workers, and ultimately, better maternity care for birthing families.
If changing the world one family at a time sounds like something you would love to do in your life and in your community, Birth Boot Camp Postpartum Doula is the training for you!