Yes, you heard that right: we have completely updated our online classes! We loved the original birth classes featuring Donna Ryan, but felt it was time to mix things up. Our online childbirth classes are not just a few handouts that you print off yourself with some articles to read, they are literally HOURS of streaming video with a beautiful workbook included. By the time you are done, you will feel as though you know your instructors! Read more
Breastfeeding is something that we plan for before the birth of our baby, but few of us prepare like we should. While very natural, it doesn’t always come easily and arming yourself with resources to support breastfeeding is a useful way to make it more successful.
One thing that we as a company and our fabulous birth instructors get asked on occasion is this:
“I am not so sure I want a natural birth, should I still take your class?”
The short answer is a surprising yes. And we aren’t just saying that because we sell birth classes. No matter what kind of birth you are planning, we highly recommend that you take a comprehensive class of some sort. Yes, our classes certainly do focus on preparing you for a natural birth, but they are so much more than that. Read more
As part of #GivingTuesday, Birth Boot Camp® will be donating $75 from every online childbirth education class sale to Best for Babes from Tuesday November 27 through Tuesday December 4.
The Best for Babes Foundation is the only mainstream non-profit cause dedicated to helping women overcome the many barriers they face that end their breastfeeding journey too early. Their mission is to help moms Beat the Booby Traps®-the cultural & institutional barriers that prevent moms from making informed feeding decisions and from achieving their personal breastfeeding goals, whether that’s 2 days, 2 months, 2 years, or not at all; to inspire, prepare & empower™ moms; and to give breastfeeding a makeover and give moms the solutions they need to make it work and feel fabulous!
They are harnessing the power of celebrities, the media, advertising, corporations, health-care professionals, health and disease foundations, moms and breastfeeding advocates to put positive pressure on the Booby Traps® to increase breastfeeding rates and improve the health of moms and babies.
Birth Boot Camp is committed to training couples in natural birth and breastfeeding through accessible, contemporary education and offers online childbirth classes.
Birth Boot Camp makes childbirth education easy, effective and accessible with live or online classes to best fit your needs and desires. Our unique and fun curriculum is geared towards couples working to have an unmedicated natural birth.
The C-section rate is currently just over 30% in the US and many women wonder how they can avoid this surgery for their birth. Below are five simple but effective things that any mother can do to help prevent her birth from being a C-section.
1. Education- A woman who understands the process of labor and birth and knows what is normal and what isn’t can really reduce her chance of having a C-section. How do you educate yourself when it comes to birth? Taking a natural childbirth class from a trained and experienced instructor is one way. Focus on one that prepares the partner and the mother and helps them learn to work together. Reading books and doing your own at-home study is also very helpful. Books can teach you about positions, health, nutrition, and relaxation to name just a few.
2. Carefully choose your care provider- One of the biggest factors in how a woman births is simply how her doctor or midwife practices. Check their C-section rates and also talk to local birth educators, doulas, and friends to find what other people think about your provider.
3. Stay mobile in labor- One simple and surprisingly obvious but often ignored thing a woman can do in labor is to MOVE. This can help the baby move down in the birth canal and keep mom more comfortable as she uses gravity to help her labor progress.
4. Avoid induction- A first time mom who is induced significantly increases her chance of C-section, in some studies by as much as DOUBLE. Be sure that if you choose induction it is for a valid reason. Get your Bishop score prior to the induction to find out what your odds of a vaginal birth are.
5. Hire a doula- A hands on and knowledgeable friend who is trained in assisting laboring woman can really make the birth experience more positive for both mom and dad and can decrease the C-section chance for that mother.
These are five simple things that every mother can do to help lower her chances of a C-section. Remember, your birth is worth the time and preparation that you put into it.