All requirements except training births must be completed prior to attending the workshop.
- Apply for Birth Boot Camp Doula training. Please apply as soon as possible, to ensure that your application is approved before you continue on with the requirements.
- Watch the 10-week Birth Boot Camp childbirth education series including Breastfeeding: The Ultimate MRE DVD. (This requirement is waived for current Birth Boot Camp Instructors.) Complete the questions for each class. You will have a 5-week period to complete the classes and paperwork. This is to be turned in with your other paperwork two weeks before your workshop.
- Complete either the OSHA or Red Cross Pathogens class and include a copy of the email containing your certificate to the Doula Certification Coordinator with your other paperwork two weeks prior to your workshop.
- Attend two consecutive breastfeeding support groups sessions. Write a short review, noting the growth you see in new mothers between the two sessions and experiences of others.
- Complete the pre-workshop study guide.
- Complete the reading and film list with required documentation.
- Fathers at Birth, Rose St. John
- The Labor Progress Handbook, Simkin and Ancheta
- Optimal Care in Childbirth, Henci Goer
- Healthy Pregnancy Book, William Sears
- Mothering the New Mother, Placksin
- When Survivors Give Birth, Simkin and Klaus
- Cut, Stapled and Mended, Roanna Rosewood
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, Gaskin
- Birth Ambassadors, Christine H. Morton and Elayne Clift
- Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, Le Leche League, 8th edition
- Baby Catcher, Peggy Vincent
- Born in the USA
- Orgasmic Birth: The Best-Kept Secret
- Compile a list of community resources with 10-15 categories
- Attend all sessions of the Birth Boot Camp Doula Training Workshop.
- After passing the test at the workshop, provide birth doula services, including pre-natal and postpartum visits, for five clients. Of these five births, at least three must be unmedicated. Complete the Birth Boot Camp Doula Self Evaluation form for each birth.